Celebration of Schools at the Southwest Center
The Southwest Center for Educational Excellence hosted the Celebration of Schools event on Tuesday, October 29 on campus at Missouri Southern University in Joplin.
The Celebration of Schools is an evening to recognize accomplishments by member districts. Awards are presented recognizing innovating programs in member schools, supporters of member districts, school board members and area legislators.
Cassville R-IV School District was recognized for the following:
- Elements of English I: this class was created for incoming freshmen in the areas of reading and writing to help with improving abilities to feel more confident in all content areas. Class size is kept small and students work at their own pace with instructional support on grammar, reading strategies, phonics and phonological awareness. Through this program, students have shown great gains in confidence and work ethic.
- Friend of Education: Rachael Selby Freeman was recognized for her work with the school district in regards to economic development, graphic design and video production. Selby is both a friend to the district as well as an advocate, a leader and a partner to do what is best for our students.
- Educational Internship Program, PK-5: The Educational Internship program provides preschool-fifth grade students with one-on-one instruction using higher-education students who intend to pursue employment in the field of education.
- Board of Education members serving over 10 years: Becky Henningson and David Haddock
- Teachers of the Year: Mandy Boone and Michelle Ramaeker