Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan (SRCSP)
As we quickly approach the first day of school, our Board of Education will meet for a special board meeting on Thursday, August 12 at 7:30 a.m. to discuss our Return-to-Learn plans for the 21-22 school year.
We understand that our community is eager to know what the start of school will look like and we will continue to work in partnership with the Barry County Health Department as we strive to follow the best protocols and guidance for the health and safety of our Wildcat family and community members.
Our Board and Administrative team is working daily to evaluate information and new guidance as it becomes available.
We do know one thing for sure, we are excited to kick-off a fantastic year of learning and fun for our students on Tuesday, August 24!
We invite you to participate in this ThoughtExchange survey to give everyone a chance to share their perspectives and understand what’s most important to you and your family regarding the following question:
What are some strategies the Cassville R-IV School District should consider to promote learning acceleration due to interruptions associated with COVID-19?
Click this link to participate: https://my.thoughtexchange.com/#172351959
Please come back often to rate new ideas. This ThoughtExchange will close on Monday, August 2nd.
Your input is valued and appreciated. Thank you for participating!
Message from Dr. Johnson on July 1, 2021
- The June 9, 2021 guidance updates from the CDC. Vaccination is currently the leading public health prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Promoting vaccination for eligible students and staff members can help schools safely return to in-person learning, as well as extracurricular activities and sports.
This new guidance will hopefully encourage more individuals 12 years and older to consider being vaccinated.
Please note the following Cassville R-IV School District updates:
- The District will continue to be in Traditional School mode. Cassville Schools made this conversion the last week of school and maintained this practice throughout summer school.
- Student masking will return to parent choice.
- All staff will be encouraged to wear a mask, but not required.
- All staff will be encouraged to practice physical distancing.
- As a district, we will be respectful of all student and staff masking choices.
Return to Learn and ReEntry Plan: This guide is intended to provide an overview of focus areas. As wellness and Health Department Guidelines are updated, this plan may be amended.
This plan was created with the public input of district staff, community members, students and Board of Education members with guidance provided by the Barry County Health Department as well as DHSS and DESE.